Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course explored different professional practices which help make a successful English language teacher. Topics included planning lessons and courses, managing resources, managing the lesson and taking responsibility for professional development.
4 weeks, 2 hours per week
English Global Product Manager
- Compare teaching approaches and experience with others from around the world.
- Discuss factors involved in planning lessons and courses.
- Identify the benefits of resources and the role of technology.
- Explore classroom management and factors that influence learning.
- Reflect on professional development needs and practices.
Planning lessons and courses
- Why and how do teachers plan lessons and courses.
- What are the key factors to consider?
- Identifying aims and stages in your own and others’ lessons.
- Making the most of the resources available to you.
- The role of technology.
- Using flashcards and realia.
- Boardwork, Sharing resources with others.
Managing the lesson
- Factors that influence learning.
- Teacher language and the use of L1.
- Pair and group work.
- Engaging learners.
Taking responsibility for professional development
- Peer observation.
- Identifying professional development needs.
- Personal learning networks.
- Reflective practice.
Issued on 19th August 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: