Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course introduced learners to the online learning journey. The course highlighted the different skills required when effectively learning and communicating with others in an online environment.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
Chair of Educational Technology, Innovation and Change
University of Leeds
average test score
- Assess your current level of confidence with learning online.
- Explore the online learning that is available via search engines, video channels and social media.
- Explore more formal online learning environments such as VLEs and contribute to the discussion regarding your experiences.
- Explore MOOCs, and identify the importance of the learning journey and defining personal learning goals.
- Reflect on the factors which help you to learn effectively online.
- Identify the implications of not using online communications effectively.
- Assess your knowledge of learning by video using short quizzes.
- Explore online profiles and understand how to make the most of learning discussion forums.
- Explore the value of working collaboratively with others online by contributing to online discussions.
- Explore tools such as wikis, pinboards and reports to collaborate online.
- Assess your post-course confidence with learning online by participating in the test which concludes the course.
- Learning environments: an introduction to VLEs and MOOCs
- The learning journey and the differences between classroom-based and online learning
- Techniques for learning effectively online
- Using discussions to aid online learning
- Collaborating online: using wikis and other collaborative tools
Issued on 14th February 2017
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This learner has not verified their identity. The certificate and transcript do not imply the award of credit or the conferment of a qualification from University of Leeds.
Free online course: