Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
In this course, you have learnt the importance of teaching code-related literacy skills to young children. You have learnt some play-based strategies for teaching phonics, phonemic awareness and phonological awareness, which you can implement in your early childhood setting.
2 weeks, 1 hour per week
Dr Stacey Campbell
Lecturer, School of Early Childhood and Inclusive Education
Queensland University of Technology
- Describe code-related literacy, including phonics, phonemic awareness and phonological awareness
- Explain why teaching and learning code-related literacy is important
- Identify an appropriate strategy for teaching code-related literacy in early childhood settings
- What is code-related literacy?
- What is phonics?
- Why is phonics important in early childhood settings?
- What are some evidence-based strategies for teaching phonics?
Issued on 27th June 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: