Weekly study8 hours
Fundamental Machine Learning for AI
How do machine learning techniques extract useful information from data?
This course serves as an introduction to machine learning (ML) techniques. It explores practical examples to illustrate the strengths and weaknesses of various ML technologies and includes exercises using software to apply ML techniques to data sets and interpret results.
What topics will you cover?
- Data cleaning
- Feature extraction
- Dimensionality reduction
- Machine learning
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of basic machine learning concepts
Who is the course for?
This short course is for those who may wish to apply AI in business to enable them to interact with technical data science experts.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
What software or tools do you need?
Matlab online, using selected data sets from Mathworks.
Who will you learn with?
Dr. Ade Shonola is a lecturer in Information Technology at Coventry University, UK where he works within Information Technology for Business (ITB) and Data Science teams.
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn