Weekly study8 hours
Exploring AI Decision-making and How it Can Add Value
How does artificial intelligence use data to make decisions?
This course explores artificial intelligence (AI) decision-making processes and their applications.
You will have the opportunity to learn about symbolic decision-making processes, such as decision trees, and sub-symbolic decision-making processes, such as neural networks.
What topics will you cover?
- Expert systems
- Case-based reasoning
- Gradient-decent methods (deductive, inductive and abductive)
- Neural networks
- Genetic algorithms
- Decision trees
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe basic expert system decision-making
- Describe how AI can add value
Who is the course for?
This short course targets business people who wish to gain an understanding of artificial intelligence decision-making processes.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Who will you learn with?
Dr. Ade Shonola is a lecturer in Information Technology at Coventry University, UK where he works within Information Technology for Business (ITB) and Data Science teams.
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn