Weekly study2 hours
Accounting for Today’s Dynamic World
Hone important knowledge and skills to jump-start your career
The complex discipline of accounting has always been crucial to business administration. This is truer than ever today, as it is used to coordinate a range of activities within organisations.
This four-week introduction to accounting, from the Auckland University of Technology (AUT), offers a clear window into this world.
Gain insight into key accounting concepts
Your understanding of accounting’s role in facilitating organisational transparency, accountability, and decision-making will deepen considerably over this course. These insights will be invaluable whether you want to develop your current professional trajectory or are considering a career in accountancy.
Develop accounting skills for the modern world
AUT is known for offering courses that equip learners for the issues of today, and this accounting course is no different. You’ll learn about financial accounting, management accounting, accounting information systems, and auditing and assurance so that you’re equipped to help your business or organisation face any challenge it may come up against.
Let a renowned university deliver your introduction to accounting
The Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is home to leading researchers and scholars, with an Accounting Department that ranks among the top 150 in the world. With its focus on impactful research and expertise across a range of accountancy fields, it’s the obvious choice for your accounting course.
- Financial Accounting; Statement of Cash Flows: Introduction and explanation of Statement of Cash Flows which differs from the other financial statements. Discussion on its three main sections and activities, followed by presentation and formatting of the Statement of Cash Flows.
- Accounting Information Systems; Xero: Explore accounting information systems using accounting software, i.e., Xero. Xero is cloud-based accounting software. Understand its essential functions and how the functions relate to relevant accounting concepts.
- Management Accounting; Budgeting: Understand the concept of budgeting, its importance, and other issues around budget preparation.
- Audit and Assurance; Audit Expectation Gap and Sustainability Assurance: Explore two contemporary issues in audit and assurance. Understand sustainability assurance, a new form of assurance designed to enhance sustainability disclosures’ credibility.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Interpret relevant accounts for each section of the statement of cash flows; and prepare a statement of cash flow.
- Practice preparing financial statements using a cloud-based accounting information systems, Xero.
- Identify issues around preparing budgets in an international environment
- Practice preparing different types of budgets.
- Identify the Audit Expectation Gap, understand the concerns, and proposed solutions.
- Identify the role and purpose of sustainability assurance.
Who is the course for?
This accounting course is designed for anyone looking to gain the accountancy skills required in today’s world. Whether you’re considering a career in accounting or want to accelerate your current career path, it will help you reach your goal.
What software or tools do you need?
You will need access to Xero for the second week of this course. You can register for free to get 30-days access to the platform.
Who developed the course?
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is located in Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city and economic hub. AUT is a contemporary and connected study destination that aims to produce well-rounded, sought-after graduates. They have been a university since 2000 but a place of learning for 120 years and operate in accordance with the Education Act (1989). AUT has established itself as an institution of global standing and impact.
LocationAuckland, New Zealand
World rankingTop 440Source: QS World University Rankings 2021
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.