Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Advanced Agile with Scrum and Kanban
Explore Agile concepts in product management
On this seven-week course, you’ll build on your foundational knowledge of Agile and start to develop more advanced Agile skills to use in the workplace.
Through a series of hands-on exercises, you’ll delve into key areas of Agile as well as tools and techniques for practical application.
You’ll explore Scrum, Extreme Programming, Lean, and Kanban to gain a thorough understanding of how to apply Agile concepts in product management.
Build your understanding of Extreme Programming (XP)
You’ll learn the values of Extreme Programming to help you understand how to use this Agile software development framework to improve software quality.
You’ll also develop practical skills in Scum activities like executing the product backlog and contributing to a sprint retrospective.
Learn how to manage tasks with a Kanban board
As you expand your understanding of project management tools, you’ll learn how to organise and manage tasks with a Kanban board.
This knowledge will ensure you can use Kanban boards to help you maximise efficiency and workflow.
Use the Cynefin Framework to support your organisation
To help improve problem-solving and decision-making within your organisation, you’ll learn how to utilise A3 thinking and the Cynefin Framework. This understanding will help you respond more accurately and appropriately to issues that arise in your workplace.
Guided by industry experts in the technology sector, you’ll finish the course with both theoretical and practical knowledge to help you implement advanced Agile methodologies.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss and apply major Agile concepts in Product Management including Design Thinking, personas/empathy maps, and Lean Startup
- Participate in Scrum activities like executing the product backlog and contributing to a sprint retrospective
- Describe the values of Extreme Programming and determine which scenarios call for certain practices
- Organize and manage tasks with a Kanban board
- Utilize A3 thinking and the Cynefin Framework to support organizational problem-solving and decision-making.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those with prior knowledge of Agile. It explores advanced topics that will most be suited for project managers and programmers.
Who developed the course?
Established in 1962, the University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education (UCI DCE) has served the lifelong learning needs of individuals, organizations, and the community on a local, regional, and global scale.
World rankingTop 100Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends