Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $59
Good Pharmacy Practice: Medication Management
Build your tools for efficient medication management
On this three-week advanced course from Taipei Medical University, you’ll build your knowledge of medication use and management.
This course builds on the Good Pharmacy Practice: Introduction to Medication Delivery Systems course. If you’re new to medication management, we recommend that you complete the introductory course first.
Develop your drug safety and inventory control skills
Every pharmacist needs to know the process of ordering and purchasing medicines as well as how to manage inbound and outbound medicines.
On this course, you’ll look at the main tools used for procurement and inventory in a hospital. You’ll then delve into medication safety and how to manage drug shortages effectively and efficiently.
Explore the benefits and challenges of patient counselling
It’s vital that patients understand their medications to ensure drug safety.
You’ll develop general communication skills to help with patient counselling as well as when interacting with special populations. You’ll also learn about advanced medication education systems, their benefits and the challenges you might face with patient education.
Discover the importance of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
With so many medications available for a number of conditions, a hospital needs to decide which drugs to approve. That’s where the pharmacy and therapeutics committee comes in.
You’ll look at the structure of the committee, how the organisation functions, and what their responsibility is. You’ll then learn about the ongoing formulary maintenance, routine drug evaluations, and the role of the pharmacist in the formulary system.
- Medication Use and Management
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and Formulary Management
- Procurement and Inventory control
- Drug safety and drug shortages
- Counseling and patient education
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the purpose of the pharmacy and therapeutics committee
- Explain the pharmacist roles in the formulary system
- Explore the procurement and inventory in hospital
- Medication Safety. Be able to compare the differences between medication errors (MEs), adverse drug events (ADEs) and adverse drug reactions (ADRs)
- Drug Shortages Management. Understand how to cope with drug-related problems in hospitals. Realize the definition, impacts, and management of drug shortages
- Identify the benefits and challenges of patient counseling
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in pharmaceutical service, especially those currently practising pharmacy.
It may also be useful if you’re studying pharmacy or related biological sciences.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.