Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Agile for Beginners
Gain a solid introduction to Agile project management
Agile methodology is being widely adopted by project managers. This iterative approach promotes collaboration and human interaction to work more efficiently and be responsive to change.
On this seven-week course, you’ll explore the major concepts, tools, techniques, and applications of Agile project management.
You’ll delve into the Agile manifesto to develop crucial Agile skills and learn how to apply them to the workplace. With this knowledge, you’ll also understand how to build and support high-performing teams.
Explore key Agile frameworks
You’ll identify and compare different Agile frameworks and approaches, including Scrum and Extreme Programming, to understand how to implement them into a work environment.
You’ll also explore the values and principles that support Agile theories to build your understanding of the role of Agile values in project management.
Unpack Scaled Agile Framework and other approaches
With your knowledge of Agile frameworks, you’ll delve deeper into Agile Scaling approaches such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum@Scale, and Nexus. Through examples and discussion, you’ll evaluate Agile Scaling approaches to compare their strengths and weaknesses.
You’ll then discover how organizations can incorporate Agile planning and team dynamics to effectively manage a project in an Agile environment.
Learn how to use Agile tools
The course will wrap up with a survey of commonly-used Agile tools and industry-recognized certifications to help you understand how to select the best option for your work environment.
Guided by industry experts from the University of California, Irvine, you’ll finish the course with a strong foundational knowledge of Agile and will have started to develop key Agile skills you can use in your workplace.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply foundational Agile skills, including Agile Principles, Values, and the Planning Cycle.
- Discuss the role of Agile Values in project management.
- Compare the different Agile Frameworks & Methods and apply them to a work environment.
- Evaluate the different Agile Scaling Approaches in order to compare their strengths and weaknesses.
- Build and support high-performing teams with crew resource management tools and techniques.
- Evaluate Agile tools to select the best option for a given work environment.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in Agile practices but will be particularly useful for programmers and project managers.
What software or tools do you need?
You will need a Google account to log in and view some resources on the course.
Who developed the course?
Established in 1962, the University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education (UCI DCE) has served the lifelong learning needs of individuals, organizations, and the community on a local, regional, and global scale.
World rankingTop 100Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends