Weekly study3 hours
Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) Technologies for Business Planning and Decision-making
Learn how to move from data to knowledge that can inform your decision-making
On this course, you will learn how AI technology and AI processes can help businesses with both human and automated business planning and decision-making.
As you learn the concepts of data sources, knowledge acquisition and types of machine learning algorithms, you will develop an understanding of the process of moving from data to knowledge. You will then explore how this process can be used to inform your professional decision-making and business planning.
What topics will you cover?
- Data sources
- Knowledge acquisition
- Knowledge representation
- Types of machine learning algorithms
- Decision-making processes
- Value creation
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise the main machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies
- Describe how to move from data to knowledge that you can use to inform your decision-making.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for individuals interested in artificial intelligence (AI) and its use in business.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Who will you learn with?
Dr. Ade Shonola is a lecturer in Information Technology at Coventry University, UK where he works within Information Technology for Business (ITB) and Data Science teams.
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn