Weekly study8 hours
Analysing Cross-Cultural Impacts on Business Reports
How does culture affect our business approach?
The aim of this short course is to encourage you to think about how a person’s culture or background affects their business practice. The focus of these cultural differences is mainly at the managerial level rather than at the wider economic level.
During the course, you’ll have the chance to study examples of cross-cultural challenges in business and study the main theories that account for and explain these differences.
- How culture and background can affect the way people do business
- The main theories that are used in cross-cultural business to analyse and explain these differences
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Recognise and reflect on how a person’s culture can affect how they approach business
- Describe and summarise the main features of cross-cultural theories (such as Hofstede or Trompenaars) based on textbook extracts or short videos
- Apply these cross-cultural theories to different business situations and explain how and why different cultures might view them differently
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of writing and understanding business reports with an academic influence.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.