Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Antimicrobial Stewardship for the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa
Learn about antimicrobial stewardship in the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa
On this course, you’ll examine the threat of antimicrobial resistance in the Middle East, Gulf and North Africa and learn how best to tackle it.
You’ll discover the basic principles of Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) and learn how to implement an AMS programme at your practice.
You’ll also evaluate AMS strategies, explore the process of developing and updating local antimicrobial prescribing policies and using collaborative interdisciplinary approaches.
You’ll gain insight and advice from experts in the field and learn how to make the most effective use of antimicrobials.
What is Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS)?
Overview of antimicrobial resistance action plans in the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa
Basic Principles and Practice of AMS for the individual and for a hospital
How to start and maintain a good AMS programme at your practice
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the relevant challenges and potential solutions of putting antimicrobial stewardship into action.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of antimicrobial stewardship campaigns and how these can be practically maintained.
- Reflect on principles of best practice and how these can be applied in your practice.
- Demonstrate how practices and their outcome in the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa fit within global stewardship schemes.
- Develop strategic action plans for the intervention and implementation of antimicrobial stewardship within your healthcare setting.
- Explore antimicrobial stewardship in the context of different hospital departments.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals working in the Middle East.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.