Weekly study8 hours
Application and Practice of Business Continuity and Crisis Management
Discover how organisations manage business continuity
This course explores how organisations use BCM as a holistic management process to identify, in advance, the potential impact of loss of, or disruption to, their key organisation assets – namely their staff, premises, information communication technology and supply chain.
Learn how BCM provides a framework for building organisational resilience through the use of preventative measures and seeks to lessen the impact of an incident through the use of pre-planned BCM strategies that ensure the timely resumption and continuity of the organisations’ most time-critical activities.
- BCM standards and methodologies
- Key BCM concepts and metrics
- Business Impact Analysis
- New approaches to BCM
- BCM strategies
- Exercising and testing
- Relationship to other disciplines
- Non-traditional application of BCM
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the key BCM concepts and metrics and the role of Business Impact Analysis
- Identify emerging schools of thought/practice on how to manage BCM
- Identify and explain the common taxonomy of preventative measures/controls and responsive strategies for managing loss of or disruption to IT, premises, people and supply chain
- Explain the importance of exercising and testing and describe common approaches to both
- Explain the importance of BCM being developed and managed in counsel with other key disciplines to ensure a joined-up approach.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people who want to develop a further understanding of how organisations use Business Continuity Management.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.