Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Becoming a Team Leader
Improve your people management skills in the workplace.
Being a successful team leader requires strong communication and organisation skills so that you can manage your team effectively and navigate the relationships you have with customers, partners and stakeholders.
This three-week course will arm you with the key practical skills and knowledge that employers consider essential in a team leader.
You’ll understand the importance of building and enhancing working relationships, learn how to choose the right communication style for different situations and how to best organise the work of your team.
Understand workload management through better organisation skills
To help you become well organised, you’ll discover useful tools to manage your time and improve how you handle your workload.
You’ll also understand what happens when different teams collaborate, and develop the skills needed to facilitate their participation.
Develop your leadership skills with ILM
You’ll have important reflection points on self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and valuing different opinions to help you become a key player in your team.
On the course, you’ll have the chance to engage with a peer group using social learning. This means that you can take part in discussions to share experiences and to provide and receive feedback from your fellow learners to support your progress.
At the end of this course, you’ll have your skills certified by ILM, the UK’s top leadership and management institute.
Once you complete the full Expert Track, you’ll receive an ILM branded digital credential.
- Key features of effective workplace communication.
- Tools to help improve managing workload.
- The importance of building working relationships.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop good communication skills in the workplace
- Identify how to build effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Assess how best to apply techniques for effective time management
- Develop an understanding of emotional intelligence and the importance of self-awareness
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone in a first-line managerial position. You may be about to step into a supervisory position or already in your first role, looking to develop practical skills to apply in the workplace.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends