- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- Premium course$64
Writing Better Emails
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Develop your skills in planning, organising, writing and editing emails.
Email writing is one of the universally important skills in today’s workplace. But it is rarely taught in higher education institutions and many young people arrive in the workplace having never written a professional email. Equally, people with many years’ work experience have never been given any email training.
This online course develops your planning, organising, writing and editing skills, to enable you to write more effective and efficient emails. You will learn techniques to help you write emails that people want to read and ensure you are better understood in the workplace.
- Planning emails to achieve their purpose
- Organising content in a logical, reader-friendly structure
- Adapting emails to different audiences and situations
- Writing and editing emails to make them clear and concise
- Writing specific messages and building a relationship with the reader
- Useful phrases used in modern business email writing
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply planning and organising techniques for your writing to fit its purpose
- Assess and adapt emails to different audiences and situations
- Develop and edit your email to make it clear, concise and easy to understand
Who is the course for?
This professional email writing course is suitable for anyone who uses email, but especially for those in the early stages of their career, or who need to update their skills.
The course is aimed at native and non-native English speakers at around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR) or above.