Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
The Business of Beauty: Introduction to the Beauty Industry
Gain expert insights into the beauty industry alongside specialists and academic
On this three-week course, you’ll be guided by industry specialists from Condé Nast College and teams at Glamour and Vogue to understand how the beauty industry operates.
You’ll consider the recent growth of the beauty industry and the steps brands must take to stand out and respond to evolving consumer demands.
You’ll also have the opportunity to apply your new knowledge to develop your own ideas and produce creative pieces, as well as predict what beauty might look like in 2025.
Examine global beauty trends
Exploring technological advancement, consumer behaviour, and socio-cultural developments, you’ll learn how the beauty industry evolves and adapts to global trends.
You’ll also discover how beauty brands use forecasting insights to plan and prepare for these changes. With this knowledge, you’ll reflect on the value of the beauty sector to the wider fashion industry.
Explore the strategies behind marketing beauty products
As the beauty industry changes, the way beauty products are marketed must also adapt. Digital media, social network platforms, and the rise of the influencer have impacted the ways beauty brands can most effectively communicate new products to customers.
You’ll be introduced to the key considerations when marketing and communicating beauty products in the media, and evaluate the main methods used by beauty brands today.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a solid understanding of how the beauty industry operates and evolves.
- An Introduction to the Beauty Industry
- Key Beauty Trends
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- The Evolution of Beauty Campaigns
- Beauty Within the Wider Fashion Industry
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Gain an introductory understanding of the beauty industry
- Compare the ways in which beauty companies connect with their consumers
- Be introduced to the key aspects of consideration when marketing and communicating beauty products in the media
- Gain insights into beauty trends
- Reflect on the value of the beauty sector to the wider fashion industry
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about the beauty industry and how beauty brands market their products and communicate their values.
This is an introductory course that will suit you if you want to expand your knowledge on the business of fashion, beauty, and the media and understand the latest industry developments.
Who developed the course?
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends