Weekly study6 hours
Case Analysis and Refinement
Learn key concepts relating to the examination and filtering of significant data
One of the core features of FTK is its ability to manipulate and query data to enable efficient analysis.
This course is designed to help you master these powerful features, teaching a wide range of tools and techniques. These include manipulating the interface and restoring its defaults, bookmarking, searching options, indexing and the manipulation of live data, examining video files, exporting word lists and fuzzy searching.
You will also explore the capabilities of the programme post-processing and the ability to further analyse data.
- Manipulating the interface and restoring its defaults
- Searching options, indexing and the manipulation of live data
- Regular expressions
- Examining video files
- Exporting word lists
- How filters work and enable identification of characteristics
- Event properties
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Examining compound files
- Photo DNA
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply the knowledge and skills necessary to install, configure and effectively use Forensic Toolkit (FTK), FTK Imager, Password Recovery Toolkit (PRTK) and Registry Viewer
- Investigate the artefacts of data recovery that compromise the study of computer forensics
- Explore sources of electronic evidence, search and seizure issues, hard drive geometry and physical characteristics of storage media, imaging digital evidence and validating image
Who is the course for?
MSc Cyber Security students who want to increase their knowledge of data recovery and the identification of relevant and significant data.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.