Weekly study4 hours
Understand the concept of consultancy and use of appropriate strategic analysis
This course is focused on the introduction to consultancy, the evaluation of the strategic position of the organisation and the use of strategic analysis tools and techniques in evaluating an organisation’s internal and external environment.
At Coventry University, principles supporting strategic analysis of internal and external environments are upheld in the different faculties and schools while evaluating aspects such as courses and benchmarking them with similar courses in other universities.
What topics will you cover?
Week 1 – Introduction to consultancy and strategic leadership
Week 2 – Evaluation and use of tools and techniques for effective consultancy
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to identify client needs and be able to develop appropriate strategies for consultancy interventions.
- Appraise the importance of expert tools and techniques to a consultant.
Who is the course for?
This course is specifically designed for postgraduate students and professionals involved in management or wishing to get involved in consultancy services and appropriately use strategic analysis tools for the evaluation of organisations’ internal and external environment in order to enhance organisational performance.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Who will you learn with?
Dr Linda Martin is an associate professor at the Postgraduate Strategy Unit. She is a social worker, has a particular interest in emotional intelligence and teaches leadership and management.
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn