Personal Trainer's Toolkit: Client Onboarding and Fitness Testing
Learn how to onboard clients and health screen in a fitness setting.
This two-week course provides you with the knowledge you need as a health and fitness professional to successfully prepare your client for a training programme.
You’ll gain an understanding of the orientation and pre-screening requirements, and how you can use this knowledge to create a comprehensive and effective onboarding process.
You’ll also explore how you can use fitness testing to better understand your client’s baseline so you can create a fitness programme that is tailored to their needs.
Understand your role as a fitness professional
You’ll examine the legal responsibilities and roles as a health and fitness professional to gain knowledge of the industry and what’s expected of you.
Having analysed a range of fitness testing methods, you’ll also reflect on the use of the Adult Pre-Exercise Screening System (APSS) and how to apply these methods to different fitness levels and programme requirements in your client base.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to effectively assess your client’s progression and help them reach their fitness goals.
Learn alongside professionals at CQUniversity
You’ll take part in practical learning experiences and project-based learning alongside experts at CQUniversity, Australia’s leading regional university.
This course will equip you with real-world knowledge and skills that you can take into your health and fitness workplace.
- Understand the legal responsibilities and professional roles of health and fitness professionals
- Reflect on the use of the Adult Pre-Exercise Screening System (APSS) in the fitness setting
- Analyse the range of fitness testing methods they apply to a range of fitness levels and program requirements to assess baseline, progress and reach goals of the client.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the legal responsibilities and professional roles of health and fitness professionals.
- Reflect on the use of the Adult Pre-Exercise Screening Tool (APEST) in the fitness setting.
- Evaluate the range of fitness testing methods they apply to a range of fitness levels and program requirements to assess baseline, progress and reach goals of the client.
Who is the course for?
This course will help you if you are a fitness professional, personal trainer, or training leader looking to build a client base through a professional onboarding process.
If you want to further your knowledge, you may be interested in these courses from the same provider. They cover similar subjects and have the same overall learning outcomes. Access them here:
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Build an Outdoor Fitness Business
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Providing Nutritional Advice to Your Clients
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Mental Health First Aid for Fitness Trainers
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Developing Fitness Programs for Older People
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Build a Health and Fitness Business Network
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Workplace Health and Safety in a Fitness Setting
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Building a Fitness Community, Client Retention for Trainers
Who developed the course?
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Our courses are designed alongside industry and many include hands-on, practical learning experiences and project-based learning. Our commitment to making real-world knowledge and skills accessible to all has seen us being awarded global recognition. We are ranked among the top 2% of Universities in the world.
World rankingTop 500Source: QS World University Rankings 2020
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.