- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Microsoft Future Ready: Continuous Integration Implementation
Understand the building blocks of DevOps; Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery
DevOps is a set of practices that combines software development and IT operations. With it, you can shorten the systems development life cycle and provide continuous delivery with high software quality.
During this four-week course, you’ll discover the building blocks of DevOps to give you the strong foundational knowledge to be able to tackle more specific practices. You’ll learn about Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment, understanding the difference between the concepts, and how they can work together to save time and improve performance.
Learn how to use functions within a DevOps development environment
You’ll delve into a DevOps development environment to understand continuous integration builds, automated testing, and continuous delivery and deployment.
You will learn how these function separately and together, and understand how these best practices help with development workflow and productivity. You’ll also strengthen your knowledge of these processes in a development environment.
Understand how to implement DevOps practices with VSTS, TFVC and Microsoft Azure
You’ll put your knowledge into practice and learn how to implement the DevOps practices of continuous integration and continuous deployment using Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) and Microsoft Azure.
By the end of the course, you’ll understand how to provision and de-provision infrastructure and databases, and deploy databases in release pipelines. You’ll also know how to perform continuous deployment and delivery using Jenkins and VSTS and Octopus.
- Continuous Integration
- Package Management
- Continuous Delivery
- Continous Deployment
- Continuous Delivery with Octopus
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Configured Git and TFVC version control options for Continuous Integration
- Managed Technical Debt and the sources and impact of it
- Created a continuous integration build using VSTS
- Identified Continuous Delivery and Release Management strategies
Who is the course for?
This course is best suited for developers working in an organisation delivering software.
This will also suit IT pros who have some knowledge and experience working with cloud-based solutions and Microsoft Azure, and are looking to expand their skills.