Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Coaching Skills: Team culture
Develop skills for sports and business coaching
Coaches play an important role in establishing a cohesive team environment.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn how to use different strategies to support your team members and promote inclusive surroundings.
You’ll understand how to build a strong team that works together to achieve your desired team goals.
Learn the strategies to encourage team development
To understand how to promote growth within your team, you’ll identify the stages of team development including the change cycle, team bank balance and the performance clock.
There are key differences when working with new and established teams, and you’ll have to change your approach to suit each one. You’ll identify the frameworks to support working with new teams and examine the challenges you may face in both scenarios.
You’ll understand the importance of monitoring conflict and reflecting on the changes occurring as your team develops.
Understand team culture and how to promote it
You’ll analyse how successful coaches create and maintain a positive team culture and learn how to apply these concepts in your team context.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the skills and confidence to create an inclusive team environment that promotes growth and a shared interest in working towards team goals.
- The changing landscape in which coaching/leading happens
- Approaches to coaching that move beyond instructing
- An experiential learning cycle for current practice
- Harnessing the collective intelligence of the team.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify key differences between working with established and new teams
- Apply principles and strategies for creating a cohesive team in your context
- Investigate the role successful coaches play in developing a positive team culture
- Reflect on conflict, change and team development
Who is the course for?
This course will help you develop your skills as a sports or business coach. You may already be working in the area or you might be looking to turn your interest into a career.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends