Understand how to communicate complex information to lay audiences
In a time when experts are all too often ignored or misunderstood, communicating complex information accurately to inexperienced audiences is a prized skill. This course will help your develop this skill. You will learn specific strategies to get your ideas across in a more impactful way; discovering how to organise your messages, techniques for explaining abstract ideas, and how to use and create visuals to enhance understanding.
What topics will you cover?
- Three different explanation models: quasi-scientific, transformation and elucidating
- Barriers to effective explanations including myths
- The importance of audience analysis in effectively communicating complex ideas
- Using analogies to explain abstract ideas.
- Effective organization in oral presentations
- Creating organisational structures.
- Producing charts which enhance audience understanding.
What will you achieve?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use different methods to overcome the barriers that most audiences face when learning complex information
- Apply practices for organizing and explaining ideas orally
- Design presentation slides for improved audience understanding
- Communicate complex ideas or material to various audiences.
Upgrade - $94
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLCCI to talk about this course on social media.