Explore virtual reality with practical examples and build your own VR experience
Virtual reality is increasingly being deployed by a wide range of industries to allow an object to be manipulated by a user when the user can’t physically reach the object.
We’ve seen VR applied by such varied professions as surgeons, teachers, and architects to let highly-skilled workers explore objects they otherwise wouldn’t be able to.
- Computer graphics concepts
- 3D coordinates and shapes
- Scaling, rotating, and colouring objects
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Design: Learners will be guided on how to design a simple virtual worlds application.
- Produce: The learners will be able to test their understanding of the concepts learnt throughout the course by producing and sharing their own virtual world products.
- Develop: Learners will be able to develop self-directed skills to help them practice the course exercises to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Discuss: The course provides an avenue for discussion forums that will allow learners to engage and exchange ideas and ask for help with the course from both their peers and educators.
- Reflect: Learners have the opportunity to reflect on their studies throughout the course.
- Assess: Quizzes are provided in the course to enable learners to assess their understanding of the concepts taught throughout the course.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in virtual reality, such as someone who’s played virtual reality games and wants to know more about how they’re made.
It would also be useful if you’re interested in a career as a virtual reality developer and want an introduction to the topic.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Essential Creative Technologies collection from UAL Creative Computing Institute, Lancaster University and the Institute of Coding.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: