Weekly study3 hours
Cyber Security for Small and Medium Enterprises: Identifying Threats and Preventing Attacks
Almost daily we hear about cyber attacks on large organisations, but we rarely hear much about similar attacks on small and medium enterprises. This doesn’t mean that they’re not happening.
In this course, you’ll explore some of the common cyber threats facing small and medium enterprises, what a cyber attack means, and what practical tools and strategies you can put in place to prevent them.
Learn from cyber security experts
Deakin University has been providing cyber security education since 2007. Our experts are active researchers and engaged in partnerships with leading industry bodies such as Dimension Data Learning Solutions, which ensures we develop our students’ real-world cyber security knowledge and skills.
- The Panama Papers, a real cyber attack
- Cyber threats and the methods that hackers use
- Consequences of cyber attacks for small and medium enterprises
- Tools and preventative strategies that you can put in place to protect your organisation
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the cuber security risks facing small and medium businesses
- Develop viable solutions for preventing cyber attacks
- Explore how cyber attacks impact small and medium businesses
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed for anyone working in small or medium enterprises or who has an interest in learning more about identifying cyber threats and preventing potential attacks. The learning covered is relevant to those both with or without an IT background.