- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Data Analytics for Business: Basic Analysis and Statistics
Do you want to build the most in-demand skills for today’s job market?
Data analysis has become an essential business skill in recent years. Learn the basics, expand your knowledge of Excel, and learn how to tell stories with data in this self-paced course.
You don’t need any prior knowledge to benefit from this course - just a desire to clarify and act on your organisation’s data.
Discover the benefits of data analysis
Data analytics is one of the most in-demand professions of the decade and forecasters expect the sector to grow even further.
This course will help you identify the benefits of data analysis, both to your organisation and your career. You’ll develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence to gain a competitive edge at your current job or in the job market.
Use Excel to achieve your objectives
It’s likely you already have one of the most powerful data analysis tools on your computer, and it’s also likely that you don’t use it to its full potential.
This course will help you identify the right Excel formula to achieve your objectives in importing, cleaning, analysing, and manipulating data sets.
Explore data analytics fundamentals and basic statistics
Data analysis employs a lot of statistics skills – even machine learning is often underpinned by fundamental statistical principles. This course will put you on firm mathematical grounding so that you can build your data analysis skills on a strong foundation.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll have a sound set of skills in basic data analytics, Excel, and statistics, and will be ready to move onto tidying data and creating databases.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the benefits of data analysis
- Articulate data analytics fundamentals including basics of statistics
- Identify the correct Excel formula syntax to achieve an objective
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals who require data analytics skills at work, and learners who are interested in moving to a data analytics career.
These may include:
- Early-stage or aspiring data or business analyst looking to boost their qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills.
- Business professional working in a role that requires data analytics skills.
- Business or arts graduate looking to start their first professional role by adding required quantitative skills such as data analysis.
Build your business analytics skills and learn to manage, wrangle, and analyse data with Excel and SQLite.