- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Data Visualisation: Core Elements and Theories
Want to create meaningful data visualisations that fuel decision making and growth within your business?
This course teaches you the basics – from individual elements and relationships through to data preparation in Tableau.
You’ll learn design theories and how to identify important dashboard elements before moving onto hands-on exercises.
Explore core data visualisation theories before creating beautiful dashboards
Identifying the components of an effective data visualisation is the first step to creating and presenting impactful dashboards for your business. You’ll cover design considerations and theories when creating charts and presenting complex relationships using data.
Learn how to import and prepare data in Tableau
Tableau is used by countless industries around the world, including companies such as Experian, Siemens, Coca-Cola, and Nissan. You’ll use this market-leading software throughout this course and ExpertTrack, starting with learning to prepare your data.
Build charts and interactive elements to supercharge your data visualisations
Once you’ve mastered the theory and the basics, you’ll move on to building up your dashboards with common chart types and interactive elements within Tableau, offering you a variety of ways to present and review your data sets.
By the end of this course, you’ll feel confident identifying useful areas of Tableau, will have a foundation in data visualisation theory, and be ready to move onto creating your dashboards and distributing them within your organisation.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify components of an effective visualisation
- Recognise the design considerations when creating charts and visualising complex relationships
- Articulate how to import and prepare data in Tableau
- Identify common chart types and interactive elements in Tableau
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals who wish to build their data visualisation skills to successfully meet the demands of their roles, or to progress into new opportunities.
This may include:
- business professionals looking to progress in their current role
- career starters wanting to develop their data visualisation capabilities to increase their chances of meaningful career progression and promotion
- business or arts graduates who want to enter a professional role by adding quantitative skills, including data visualisation techniques and predictive modeling.
Supercharge your business problem solving through better data insights, analytics, and visualisation.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends