- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Data Visualisation: Core Elements and Theories
Want to create meaningful data visualisations that fuel decision making and growth within your business?
This course teaches you the basics – from individual elements and relationships through to data preparation in Tableau.
You’ll learn design theories and how to identify important dashboard elements before moving onto hands-on exercises.
Explore core data visualisation theories before creating beautiful dashboards
Identifying the components of an effective data visualisation is the first step to creating and presenting impactful dashboards for your business. You’ll cover design considerations and theories when creating charts and presenting complex relationships using data.
Learn how to import and prepare data in Tableau
Tableau is used by countless industries around the world, including companies such as Experian, Siemens, Coca-Cola, and Nissan. You’ll use this market-leading software throughout this course and ExpertTrack, starting with learning to prepare your data.
Build charts and interactive elements to supercharge your data visualisations
Once you’ve mastered the theory and the basics, you’ll move on to building up your dashboards with common chart types and interactive elements within Tableau, offering you a variety of ways to present and review your data sets.
By the end of this course, you’ll feel confident identifying useful areas of Tableau, will have a foundation in data visualisation theory, and be ready to move onto creating your dashboards and distributing them within your organisation.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify components of an effective visualisation
- Recognise the design considerations when creating charts and visualising complex relationships
- Articulate how to import and prepare data in Tableau
- Identify common chart types and interactive elements in Tableau
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals who wish to build their data visualisation skills to successfully meet the demands of their roles, or to progress into new opportunities.
This may include:
- business professionals looking to progress in their current role
- career starters wanting to develop their data visualisation capabilities to increase their chances of meaningful career progression and promotion
- business or arts graduates who want to enter a professional role by adding quantitative skills, including data visualisation techniques and predictive modeling.
Supercharge your business problem solving through better data insights, analytics, and visualisation.