Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Data Visualisation: Data Dashboards and Storytelling with Tableau
Do you want to bring your predictive models to life and communicate with a diverse audience?
Data visualisation is a great tool for predictive analysis and bringing statistical models to life within your organisation.
You’ll learn how to use your data to make business predictions and get to grips with the ethical issues that can arise in the process.
On this third course of the Data Visualisation ExpertTrack, you’ll explore statistical techniques and the importance of testing and refining the models that you use for data analysis.
These skills will open career opportunities for data professionals and across a range of industries as demand for strong data analytics and visualisation skills grows.
Identify the techniques that underpin predictive data analytics
Understanding the core mechanics of your predictive models is essential for testing and fine-tuning them. You’ll review the ideas and theories that underpin your predictive analytics and learn to evaluate the effectiveness of each model.
Building a strong grasp of these theories means that you can interrogate your data more closely and find models that best suit your business, your customers, and the current markets.
Review ethical issues related to data analytics and modelling
Using and manipulating personal information comes with both ethical and legal considerations. You’ll learn to identify those ethical issues, and how to articulate them to your business to ensure that you work within the law and your corporate social responsibility.
Upon completion of this course, the final in the ExpertTrack, you will feel confident in not only creating effective data visualisations but also in responding to challenges and ensuring your organisation is complying with ethical and legal responsibilities around data handling.
- Introduction to predictive modelling
- Data models
- Data ethics
- Working as a data analyst
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the application and techniques that underpin predictive analytics
- Evaluate the effectiveness of models
- Identify and articulate ethical issues that can arise when conducting data analysis and modelling using personal information
- Identify supporting skills and emerging ways of working that benefit data analysts
Who is the course for?
This data analytics course is for professionals that require data visualisation skills to successfully meet the demands of their role, or to progress into new opportunities. It would also be suitable for people who currently analyse and present data at work but would like to understand predictive models more thoroughly, and clarify ethical considerations.
- career starters wanting to develop their data analytics and visualisation skills to increase their chance of career progression and promotion
- business or art graduates who would like to add quantitative skills, data visualisation techniques, and predictive modelling to their skillset.
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends