By the end of the ExpertTrack, you’ll be able to...
- Identify components of an effective visualisation.
- Recognise the design considerations when creating charts and visualising complex relationships.
- Identify key business metrics to prepare strategies to deploy dashboards in an organisation.
- Create and visualise predictive models and forecasts.
- Articulate best practice for working with data, and highlight ethical considerations.
Getting started with Tableau
- Getting started with Tableau
- Loading and preparing data in Tableau
- Wrap up
Introduction to data visualisation
- Introduction to data visualisation
- Visualising data using Tableau
- Selecting an appropriate visualisation
Design principles of Tableau visualisation
- Introduction to design principles for visualisation in Tableau
- Selecting purpose-fit visualisations
- Design principles to guide design decisions in Tableau
Communicating data insights
- Introduction to communication frameworks
- Communicating insights to stakeholders
- Key communication frameworks
Designing charts for Tableau
- Welcome to the course
- Designing charts
- Optimising charts in Excel
Visualising complex relationships
- Introduction to visualising complex relationships
- Understanding complex relationships
- Visualising complex relationships using cartograms and heatmaps
Creating charts in Tableau
- Introduction to creating charts in Tableau
- Designing charts in Tableau
- Using maps for data visualisation in Tableau
Interactive visualisations with Tableau
- Adding interactivity to increase chart effectiveness
- Creating interactive visualisations in Tableau
Dashboards for data communication
- Welcome to the course
- Critical business metrics
- Dashboards as a strategy for data communication
- Designing effective dashboards
- Introduction to effective dashboard design
- Principles of effective dashboard design
- Ensuring dashboard accessibility
- Designing and prototyping dashboards
Creating dashboards in Tableau
- Introduction to dashboards in Tableau
- Creating dashboards in Tableau
- Adding objects to dashboards in Tableau
- Creating interactive dashboards in Tableau
Telling stories with data
- Introduction to storytelling your data in Tableau
- Telling a data story with Tableau
- Creating and publishing stories in Tableau
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends