- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Microsoft Future Ready: Data Science Research Methods Using Python Programming
This course is part of the Ethics Laws and Implementing an AI Solution on Microsoft Azure ExpertTrack, helping you understand and apply ethical and legal frameworks in data research, analytics and AI.
During this course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of data research including developing good research questions, designing data collection strategies, analysing data and putting results in context. You’ll also understand how data scientists play a key role in the research phase, not just the analysis, and how this will help extract valid insights from your data.
Understand data collection methods and the research process
To help you build the confidence to accurately analyse your data, this course will take you through the full research process. You’ll grow your knowledge of the planning needed for high quality data analysis and learn how to properly query your data for a robust analysis. This includes understanding how to test hypotheses, how to partition data and use inference in order to extra valid results.
Learn how to use and apply Python programming knowledge
During the course, you’ll use Python programming, an essential tool for data science and machine learning. All labs are done with Python, while the videos are language-agnostic, giving you plenty of opportunity to hone your skills with this powerful tool.
Advance your skills in data science
By the end of the course, you’ll understand the research process and develop practical skills across research methods and Python programming, a flexible language used in everything from data science to cutting-edge and scalable AI solutions.
- The Research Process
- Planning for Analysis
- Research claims
- Correlational and Experimental Designs.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrated an understanding of the planning aspect around data as well as research practices
- Explained the different types of claims
- Interpreted and understand the different designs
- Examined reliability and validity
- Identified the goals of research
Who is the course for?
This self-paced course is designed for learners with an interest in using data for research, and methods of wrangling, compiling and presenting data for research.
What software or tools do you need?
Learners will benefit from:
- A basic knowledge of math.
- Some programming experience – Python is preferred.
- A willingness to learn through exploration and perseverance.
Build your data science for AI skills with Python and Microsoft Azure, and explore its ethical and legal frameworks.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends