Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 2 hours
Digital upgrade Free
Learn how to get others on board with your decision-making and minimise risk
On this course, you’ll learn how to better solve simple problems and sharpen your decision-making process.
You’ll evaluate your existing problem-solving technique and build the skills to improve it.
As you learn what transferable skills are required, you’ll discover how to identify a problem, how to understand it and how to analyse the associated risks and benefits of various solutions.
You’ll also spend time producing a detailed plan to persuade others that your own solution is workable.
What topics will you cover?
- Explore the types of transferrable skills that are needed to solve problems
- Look at how to identify the real, underlying problems of a particular situation
- Introduction to the SWOT analysis as a way of understanding the problem
- Explore how to identify the best possible solution
- Explore the benefits and risks of a solution
- Explore tools to help pitch ideas to others in order to get buy-in
- Create a business case which will be peer reviewed
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
University of Leeds are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get: