- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How to Deliver Results as a Team Leader
Learn the best techniques in problem-solving and decision making.
Being able to make the correct decisions to quickly solve problems is a key trait of an effective team leader.
This three-week course will arm you with the key practical skills and knowledge that employers consider essential in a team leader.
You’ll learn different techniques to improve your decision-making so that you can overcome challenges with confidence and efficiently.
You’ll also learn problem-solving skills that can be immediately applied in your role and will help you deliver results.
Understand budgeting and managing change
To ensure that the work of your team isn’t disrupted, you’ll learn how to manage change constructively and how to identify potential obstacles which could prevent you from delivering the desired results.
You’ll also learn how to plan and monitor a budget and how to implement operational plans within your area of responsibility.
You’ll also learn about essential human resource practices and legal requirements that you need to be aware of and follow as a team leader.
Develop your leadership skills with ILM
By the end of this course, you’ll know the best team-leading techniques to achieve your desired results.
You’ll understand how to deliver value for money, how to avoid being biased, and how to use your leadership skills to direct your team to work more efficiently.
On the course, you’ll have the chance to engage with a peer group using social learning. This means that you can take part in discussions to share experiences and to provide and receive feedback from your fellow learners to support your progress.
At the end of this course, you’ll have your skills certified by ILM, the UK’s top leadership and management institute.
Once you complete the full Expert Track, you’ll receive an ILM branded digital credential.
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Applying human resources (HR) good practice
- Managing change
- Implementing operational plans
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Lead a team through uncertainty and change
- Develop a range of problem solving techniques
- Improve budget planning and monitoring
- Explore ways in which you can improve team wellbeing, avoid unconscious bias, and develop inclusive working practices
- Apply essential HR practices and legal requirements needed as a team leader
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone in a first-line managerial position. You may be about to step into a supervisory position or already in your first role, looking to develop practical skills to apply in the workplace.
New to a managerial position? Discover practical skills to help you succeed as a team leader with ILM.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends