Weekly study13 hours
Design of Simulation Experiments
Learn how to design future logistics operations through simulation
On this short course, you will be exposed to the various ways of experimenting with your simulation models to match simulation project objectives.
You will also gain an appreciation of correct project management for logistics simulation.
- Factors and responses
- Sensitivity analysis
- Design of experiments
- Factorial design
- Scenario analysis
- Good practice in modelling construction
- Warm-up and terminating conditions
- Phases of simulation projects
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe and select appropriate input and output factors for simulation models
- Explore selecting appropriate experimental design
- Develop simulation models using efficient coding practice
- Identify efficient coding practice
- Identify experiments incorporating warm-up and terminating conditions
- Explore the practical application of simulation projects
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone with a keen interest in logistics operations and how to manage them efficiently while facing uncertainties in a virtual environment.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.