- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study6 hours
- Premium course$584
Digital Diplomacy: International Relations in the Digital Age
Identify how cybersecurity threats are changing diplomatic practise
From fake news to hacking and AI, governments worldwide are facing technological advances that are threatening to topple established geopolitical hierarchies – and change the world order.
These technological advances are both a challenge to the work of diplomats, as well as an opportunity to change how the diplomatic profession works for the better – making it more savvy, safe, and switched-on.
Enhance your diplomatic career
On this course, you’ll learn from top international diplomatic experts at the Global Diplomatic Forum how to navigate the issues that cyberspace and the digital revolution throw up for diplomats.
You’ll explore how AI can be used to aid diplomacy, how to excel at digital communication, and how to develop an effective digital diplomatic strategy that will let your organisation make the most of emerging virtual spaces.
Learn transferrable cybersecurity skills
Examining the current cybersecurity landscape, you’ll gain valuable knowledge that you can utilise in your organisation, understanding how diplomacy needs to respond to the latest cybersecurity threats.
In just four weeks you’ll come away with practical training that will leave you with a competitive edge.
You’ll be ready to further your career in a 21st-century diplomatic environment, armed with cutting-edge training in digital best-practice and cybersecurity.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop technical and theoretical skills to perform more effectively in cyberspace
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of relating digital diplomacy to foreign policy objectives
- Design the process of developing, implementing and monitoring effective Digital Diplomacy strategy
- Apply your digital communications skills in diplomatic context
- Identify the connection between Cybersecurity and diplomatic work and be able to capitalise on this competence
- Improve career advancement opportunities with up to date transferrable skills and knowledge
Who is the course for?
This course would benefit diplomats of all levels, from junior to ambassadorial. It would also appeal to diplomacy students and trainee diplomats aiming to pursue a career in diplomacy.
What software or tools do you need?
The Course Material Can be accessed online via a browser. Students will be given login details to access the course contents.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.