Weekly study8 hours
Policies in Disaster Risk Reduction
How do you link disaster risk reduction with development?
This course introduces the historical evolution of disaster management documents and organisational aspects for multilateral agencies.
You’ll have the chance to explore how international, national and local agencies see the link between disaster management and development, as well as develop your understanding of disaster risk reduction and development strategies.
- Framework for disaster risk reduction
- The links between disaster risk reduction and disaster management to development
- Strategies of multilateral institutions
- Financial mechanisms
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate polices to reduce disaster risks
- Explore how disasters have informed policy developments
- Identify strategies adopted by non-governmental organisations to act in disaster situations.
- Assess how disaster policies relate to development aims
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at individuals looking to gain knowledge of the evolution of disaster frameworks.