Weekly study8 hours
Understanding Vulnerability and Resilience
What are the barriers to resilience?
This course seeks to explain what it means to be resilient against disasters.
During the course, you’ll have the opportunity to explore community resilience and strategies for becoming more resilient.
- Introduction to risk, vulnerability and resilience and how they relate
- How disaster risk reduction and disaster management effect vulnerability and resilience
- Examples of risks that are experienced around the globe
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe risk vulnerability and resilience
- Assess different risks that are experienced globally
- Develop an understanding of the effect of disaster risk reduction on risk and vulnerability
- Explore how policies improve resilience
- Explain resilience at different levels
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at individuals looking to gain an understanding of disaster risk reduction and resilience strategies.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.