Discover the application of discrete-event simulation and system dynamics
On this course, you will be introduced to and encouraged to use popular approaches to simulation and select the appropriate approach for a range of applications.
You’ll also learn about the mechanisms that are used in discrete event and system dynamics approaches to model logistics operations.
- Introduction and definition of discrete-event simulation
- Why take the discrete-event simulation approach?
- The concept of discrete events
- Time-advance mechanisms
- Visual examples of next event mechanisms
- Discrete-event simulation stopping rules
- Components and organisation of a discrete-event simulation model
- Simulation using the discrete-event approach
- Defining a system dynamics approach
- Components of system dynamics model
- The structure of system dynamics
- Advantages of system dynamics
- Methodology of system dynamics
- Symbols used in system dynamics modelling
- System dynamics approach: a real-life case study
- Modelling of financial problems
- Simulate using system dynamics approach
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the concept of discrete event approach
- Demonstrate the mechanisms of discrete event approach
- Identify examples of discrete event application
- Explain the concept of system dynamics approach
- Demonstrate the mechanisms of system dynamics approach
- Identify examples of system dynamics application
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone with a keen interest in logistics operations and how to manage them efficiently while facing uncertainties in a virtual environment.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.