Why join the course?
Effective contract negotiation is a crucial part of any business and the ability to draft effective, readable, non-ambiguous contracts is a valuable skill for everyone. Some common examples of commercial contracts include employment, supplies, leases, licenses, franchises, sales, license, real estate and partnership agreements.
This is a practical course which focuses on developing the key knowledge and skill required by professionals when negotiating and drafting commercial contracts that involve parties, laws or businesses. It is important that professionals have the sufficient knowledge and skills to achieve their desired outcome from a commercial contract negotiation.
This course is part of our Study with Australia collection, with free upgrades and digital certificates supported by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission until 30 June, 2020. Explore more courses from leading Australian education providers.
What topics will you cover?
- Identify the purpose of the contract and understand parties’ expectations
- Identify and critically discuss the specific skills needed for drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Explore ways in which to draft and negotiate contracts that are readable, enforceable and achieve clients’ objectives
- Elucidate possible issues, challenges and pitfalls in drafting commercial contracts
- Explore the legal rationale and practical knowledge underpinning contractual clauses, and
- Discuss ways to close the deal (win-win outcome)
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate a good understandings of commercial law contracts
- Apply these understanding to problem-solving and decision-making in practice
- Apply these understandings to critically analyse and evaluate your own professional practice, toward accountability and improvement
- Identify and explain the key legal principles governing the formation of contracts
- Draft readable documents, such as contracts, that integrate correct structure, clear language and risk management
- Demonstrate effective negotiation techniques in commercial contracts
Who is the course for?
All professionals (non-lawyers) such as executives, managers or individuals who want to improve their drafting and negotiating skills when negotiating external contracts on behalf of themselves or their company.
College of Law are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLcontracts to talk about this course on social media.