Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Educational Leadership: Working for Good
Change the way you understand educational leadership
Leadership is about thinking. On this course, you will explore educational leadership and develop leadership skills through critical thinking with this online course for school leaders.
Leaders in schools, colleges, and nurseries have a responsibility to put education first despite being bound by standardisation and the business mindset of policy creation. On this course, you will feel empowered to rethink your understanding of how leadership is created and the ways it can benefit your students and colleagues.
Through critical thinking, you will explore how to take control of your own leadership skills. You will discuss different models of educational leadership and identify the challenges and opportunities that leadership offers.
This is not a ‘practical’ or ‘hands-on’ leadership solution, but will instead challenge you to think and develop your intellectual capacity.
You’ll come away with a different understanding of educational leadership.
- Researching leadership in the context of education and individual professional contexts.
- The relationship between historical and contemporary practices of leadership, in an educational context.
- Comparing and evaluating leadership models within education and how education, as an industry, is changing.
- Comparison between national and international schools leadership.
- Differences between educational policy and systems and how they impact on leadership.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore how leadership knowledge is generated and passed on by critically engaging with knowledge useful for their practice.
- Engage with conversations about Educational Leadership Models to recognise what it takes to move from being in charge to being in control.
- Interpret education policy from a leadership perspective by engaging critically with the material.
- Evaluate leadership challenges and opportunities typical of de-regulated international educational spaces.
Who is the course for?
This course is for aspiring and existing leaders in education, including teachers and managers. It will also be beneficial for university administrators, corporate educators, and government officers.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.