Educational Leadership: Working for Good
Duration 3 weeks
Weekly study 4 hours
Extra benefits From $69 Find out more
Change the way you understand educational leadership
Leaders in schools, colleges, and nurseries have a responsibility to put education first despite being bound by standardisation and the business mindset of policy creation. On this course, you will feel empowered to rethink your understanding of how leadership is created and the ways it can benefit your students and colleagues.
Through critical thinking, you will explore how to take control of your own leadership skills. You will discuss different models of educational leadership and identify the challenges and opportunities that leadership offers.
What topics will you cover?
- Researching leadership in the context of education and individual professional contexts.
- The relationship between historical and contemporary practices of leadership, in an educational context.
- Comparing and evaluating leadership models within education and how education, as an industry, is changing.
- Comparison between national and international schools leadership
- Differences between educational policy and systems and how they impact on leadership
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is for aspiring and existing leaders in education, including teachers and managers. It will also be beneficial for university administrators, corporate educators, and government officers.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: