- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Emergency Planning and Preparedness: An Introduction
Explore the key steps in emergency planning
When preparing a community for an incident, creating plans for identified risks and implementing mitigation measures is key.
Responding to a fire is different to responding to a flood. Different actions and different resources are needed for each of these scenarios.
This course will introduce you to some of the key concepts of emergency planning. You will explore the relationship between the type of emergency and the type of response in order to understand how these dependencies shape the emergency plan.
- Introduction to emergency planning and preparedness terminology.
- How to identify effective emergency planning and preparedness.
- The relationship between the type of emergency and the plan.
- The emergency planning cycle.
- How to prepare an emergency plan.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe what is meant by emergency planning and preparedness.
- Investigate and evaluate emergency plans.
- Design and develop emergency preparedness frameworks.
- Produce an emergency plan.
Who is the course for?
Anybody with an interest in emergency planning and preparedness. If you’re looking to study the full MSc Emergency Planning Management and Resilience degree, or are working in or planning a career in the emergency planning and preparedness world, this course is for you.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: