Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Emotional Intelligence and Critical Thinking for Problem Solving
Develop your empathy and problem-solving skills
The global pursuit of quality education is crucial for our ability to correctly evaluate and solve the larger problems we are being faced with.
On this four-week course from Ubiquity University, you’ll build your skills in emotional intelligence and critical thinking to help you solve problems in both a work environment and your personal life.
Explore the importance of emotional intelligence in the workplace
This course will help you to develop your emotional intelligence in the workplace, and throughout the rest of your life. It’s important to have empathy for yourself and for others so you’ll look at how to build empathy and the skills that surround it.
Part of emotional intelligence is an awareness of the emotional space in general. You’ll spend time looking at common mental health issues that can affect the way a person is able to operate effectively in the world, especially in the context of mental health at work.
Use critical thinking techniques for problem-solving
You’ll focus on different aspects of critical thinking, examining ways to think differently about topics. This includes evaluating how cultural points of view can influence how we make choices.
Then, you’ll gain an introduction to the Universal Intellectual Standards, a means of checking the quality of reasoning about a problem. To cap this section off, you’ll investigate a simple problem-solving technique that can be applied in real-world scenarios.
Build your critical evaluation skills
Industry innovation depends on each of us adopting different thinking styles.
This course will help you build the ability to critically evaluate the different options to revolutionise how industries operate and to create the kinds of sustainable infrastructure we need to function as a globalized community.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess common mental health conditions that can affect our mental and emotional states
- Reflect on the importance of having empathy for ourselves and others
- Identify different health related matters from your cultural perspective
- Apply the Universal Intellectual Standards
- Investigate how choice is made in our own cultural context
- Explain technological impacts on industry and infrastructure
- Assess how infrastructure relates to the spaces in which we live and the conditions it creates for business
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to improve their soft skills to help in career development. It will be especially useful if you’re interested in sustainability and how to use these soft skills to improve yourself and the planet.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends