Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Study UK: Preparing for work
Learn how to identify your strengths and use them in your career
In the last ten years there have been more than 12 million international graduates of UK education.
This four-week course will equip international graduates with the skills and understanding that they need in order to navigate and enter their local employment market. It will support them to identify their skills, and how to communicate these effectively to potential employers, as well building an understanding of organisational and workplace culture.
Week 1 - Getting ready
- Identifying your skills and setting goals
- Choosing the right job
- Networking and building relationships
Week 2 - The job application process
- Writing clear CVs and covering letters which communicate your skills
- Handling job interviews
- Getting ready for day one at work
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify your strengths and use these to reflect on your career path
- Demonstrate a range of professional skills that can help you succeed in any workplace
- Develop an effective strategy to get the right job for you
- Collaborate, network and communicate more proficiently with people from different cultural backgrounds and in different cultural contexts
Who is the course for?
The course is for international graduates of UK Higher Education entering into, or returning to, the employment market, globally. They can have studied either in the UK, or for a UK HE qualification overseas via TNE.
The course is for all international graduates (undergraduates and postgraduates). To give a sense of scale of the potential audience, there are 12 million international students who have graduated from a UK HEI in the last ten years.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.