Weekly study10 hours
Managing Projects and People for Disaster Interventions
This short course will review project management principles and approaches and integrate them with organisational systems and theories previously covered. We then move on to consider how staff capacity and capabilities influence implementation and operations for disaster interventions.
- Project management principles, planning and the management cycle
- Managing stakeholder engagement through the project cycle
- Integrating organisational systems for effective operations
- People management; staff capacity and capability
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate project management approaches used within and beyond the sector
- Design systems for active stakeholder engagement to ensure accountability at all stages of an intervention
- Evaluate specific demands on an organisation when engaging with communities and the the wider public
- Evaluate the demands of effective people management in disaster organisations
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to learn more about implementing effective and accountable disaster intervention projects.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.