Weekly study10 hours
Accessing and Reviewing the Evidence: A Patient-centred Approach
EBNP considers diverse health needs. Learn to research and review the evidence.
In an era of information technology, patients are more aware of, and are informed about diagnostics, available treatment and, more importantly, of the latest trends in healthcare provision, innovation, and improvements. Engagement with EBNP can help nurses identify and discover not only innovations in healthcare, but their effectiveness in improving healthcare quality, delivery, management and patient outcomes.
- Formulate questions about EBNP: What is the evidence? What is the purpose of the evidence and what is good evidence?
- Strategies for accessing and finding the evidence
- Begin reviewing specific evidence for enhancing patient care
- Develop a greater appreciation of the influence of information technology on patients/service users and their healthcare needs
- Develop an understanding of the impact of evidence and EBNP from the patients/service user perspective
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Collect and access research evidence
- Evaluate, critically read and review the evidence, its purpose and its impact/influence in patient care
Who is the course for?
This course is for MSc Nursing students.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.