Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Fibre, Fermentation & the Gut with BBC Good Food
Discover tips to help improve your gut health diet
Gut health is so much more than nutrition. Studies have shown that the bacteria in our GI tract is also linked to the immune system, chronic illnesses, and even anxiety.
On this five-week course, you’ll take a food-first journey towards understanding the role of fibre, probiotics, and prebiotics in gut health.
You’ll learn practical, gut-healthy techniques and how to easily include more gut-supportive ingredients in your diet.
Explore the value of prebiotics and probiotics in the diet
You’ll investigate the functional role of prebiotics and probiotics before exploring different sources and learning how to include them in your meals.
As you examine the various types of fibre the body requires, you’ll also learn how much you should be eating daily as well as the importance of diversity in your diet.
Learn from the experts at BBC Good Food
You’ll explore different gut health cooking techniques and their benefits, such as fermentation.
With your new knowledge and skills, you’ll learn how to identify key ingredients to create balanced meals to support your gut health.
Learning from the experts at BBC Good Food, you’ll be guided through delicious recipes so that you can begin to integrate more gut-supportive foods into your everyday diet.
Fibre, fermentation & gut-health is a food-first course that explores key dietary trends that support a healthy gut. This course begins by exploring the basic types of fibre, how much fibre you really need and how to easily increase your daily fibre intake through food. We’ll then explore why diversity matters when it comes to eating for gut health, as well practical applications for gut healthy cooking techniques such as fermentation, along with delicious recipe guidance and inspiration so that you can begin to integrate more gut supportive foods into your everyday diet.
You’ll also learn about:
• the different types of fibre and how much you really need daily
• diversity and why it’s important for gut health
• sources of prebiotics and how to include them in your diet
• sources of probiotics and how to include them in your diet
• what fermentation is and how it can be beneficial
• practical applications for gut healthy cooking techniques and fibre-rich recipe inspiration
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Classify the different types of fibre and how much you really need daily
- Discuss diversity and why it's important for a healthy gut
- Identify sources of prebiotics and how to include them in your diet
- Identify sources of probiotics and how to include them in your diet
- Explore practical applications for gut healthy cooking techniques and fibre-rich recipe inspiration
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning about the relationship between diet and gut health.
Whether you’re a healthy eating enthusiast, looking for nutritious meals for the family, or you’re completely new to gut health diets, this course offers a practical guide.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends