Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Financial Analysis for Business Performance: Reporting and Stakeholder Management
Strong financial analysis is just part of the story - you need to be able to communicate your insights to stakeholders to help them use your data for their decision making. Being able to tell stories with data is a key, and highly desirable skill, within the finance sector and across a range of industries.
This course will show you how you can use various tools - such as Tableau and Excel - to prepare visualisations that speak to a diverse audience and ensure that your insights are used throughout your organisation.
Communicate finance insights to all of your stakeholders
You’ll explain and compare the reporting needs of various stakeholders, and build your understanding of how you can meet those needs with the data and tools you have available. Put that theory into practice by creating repeatable reporting systems that save you time and resources with weekly or monthly tasks.
Create financial reports that support business needs
You’ll learn to build reports that reflect business performance and identify and analyse varying cost types within a business. Then you’ll explore how to recommend optimised cost structures that contribute to business objectives.
Use Tableau and Excel to tell stories with data
Grow your Excel expertise and learn to use it to streamline your work, support analysis, and create meaningful data visualisations that speak to your audience. You’ll learn how to make the most of this market-leading software to make sure that your reports and presentations have maximum impact within your organisation.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain and compare the reporting needs of varying stakeholders
- Create repeatable reporting systems to support ongoing business decision making requirements, using Tableau and Excel to prepare common visualisations or data stories to support ongoing performance reporting
- Identify and analyse the varying cost types of a business
- Examine and recommend optimised cost structures to support a business' performance
Who is the course for?
This course is designed to support learners who need to engage with large volumes of financial data. This includes entry-level finance or accounting professionals who would like to progress to higher-skill positions, and current finance professionals. It would also be useful for new managers and leaders, as well as business workers and entrepreneurs.
What software or tools do you need?
During this course we’ll be using Excel. If you don’t have Excel, you might find this online version useful.
We recommend you use a computer to access this course.
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: