- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Financial Analysis for Business Decisions: How to Use Tableau and Financial Modelling
Use data visualisation to steer data-driven decision making
Data analytics has become increasingly essential to modern business decision making processes. In few business areas is this more pronounced than finance – already a highly data-driven function.
For businesses seeking a competitive edge, financial analysis plays a central role in data-driven decision making. This finance management course will equip those working in finance-related roles with the skills they need to prosper in this context.
You will learn:
- how to use Tableau data visualisation software, both to find new insights and to communicate them to a broad audience
- how to apply common financial models, incorporating financial assumptions
- how to do a SWOT analysis, and why
Learn how to use Tableau to communicate with a broad audience
Data visualisation can serve an important function in financial analysis. It allows those working in finance-related functions to glean new insights from their data. It also allows these professionals to communicate these insights with a broader audience, in an accessible fashion.
Being able to visualise data is therefore a key finance skill, which can inform data-driven decision making. In this course, you will learn how to use Tableau to import your data sets and create graphics to aid financial analysis.
Discover different types of financial models, and how to use them
You’ll learn about different types of financial models, and their functions, in order to compare them. These models are important in financial analysis and data-driven decision making, allowing you to predict the future consequences of decisions.
Finally, you will discover how to conduct a SWOT analysis, looking at an organisation’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Use Tableau to import data and create graphics
- Compare common financial models and their functions
- Describe how to to treat various assumptions
- Explain the purpose of, and perform SWOT analysis
Who is the course for?
This course is for those who want to support data-driven decision making based on financial analysis. You could be a finance professional seeking career advancement or better communication skills, or a manager looking to strengthen key finance skills.
Discover how to use financial analysis to support data-driven decision making, in three financial management courses.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends