Improving Food Production with Agricultural Technology and Plant Biotechnology
Learn how to address challenges in growing, harvesting, and processing food
Are you inspired to join the next generation of scientists and tackle challenges in food security? On this course, you will get access to innovative research solutions that address some of the biggest issues in food, agriculture, and plant biotechnology.
You will become more familiar with the journey plants take, from crops in the field to food on your plate. You will explore the importance of scientific research in food security and discover the new technologies that are transforming agriculture.
Learning on this course
If you'd like to take part while our educators are leading the course, they'll be joining the discussions, in the comments, between these dates:
- 18 Sep 2023 - 6 Oct 2023
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the different methods of plant biotechnology
- Explore the challenges involved in growing, harvesting and processing plant-based food
- Describe the history of agricultural technology and examine what future solutions agricultural technology could offer us.
- Assess the role of scientific research in addressing challenges in food security
- Debate the opportunities and limitations of new technologies
- Assess consumer trust in the science and technology involved in bringing food from the field to the supermarket
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for 16-19 year olds studying biology related STEM subjects at A level or undergraduate level. It will also appeal to adults interested in the technology behind food production.
If you’re looking to expand your knowledge on this topic, you might also find of interest the following EIT Food courses on sustainable food production and farming systems:
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.