Weekly study3 hours
Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
Develop key practical skills to handle corporate finance
Sound financial discipline benefits both consumers and investors and in turn, improves the whole economic system, so it’s vital for business professionals to know the basics of finance.
On this four-week course from Sentinel|9, you’ll explore a managerial and analytical level view of key corporate finance topics such as time value of money, financial forecasting, and capital structure, among many others.
Discover the tools to analyse and evaluate capital structure and budgeting
You’ll look at the key concepts of corporate finance, from debt vs equity and financial leverage to ratio analysis. Using case studies, you’ll then explore the different theories and techniques needed to manage capital budgeting and structure.
Explore the methods for company and stocks valuations
The goal of a company valuation is to give stakeholders an approximate value of what the company is worth.
This course will guide you through the different techniques used to value a company, including the enterprise value formula, stock valuation, and calculating free cash flow.
You’ll then look at derivative assets; financial instruments whose price is determined based on another underlying asset. Through this, you’ll learn about forward, future, options, and swap contracts.
Delve into the mechanics of financial forecasting
Probably the most important function of business is forecasting. The objective of forecasting is to reduce risk in decision-making and create a starting point for business planning and strategy.
For the final week of this course, you’ll explore the different techniques and tools for financial forecasting and how to apply them. From regression, correlation, and covariance to econometrics tools, you’ll build the necessary skills to understand and develop sound financial forecasts.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply the concepts of time value of money, present value, future value, discounted cash flows and other basic principles of finance.
- Apply expert judgement in using the concepts and role efficient market hypothesis, capital assets pricing model, portfolio theory to optimize financial management.
- Apply techniques of time value of money, discounted cash flows in the valuation of share, bond and investment proposals.
- Perform fundamental company analysis, financial forecasting method, options valuation and numerical (pricing) and Black-Scholes model
- Evaluate a firm’s capital structure, debt and equity position and determine the optimal debt-equity position.
- Interpret the financial ratios and portfolio theory and practice management of a business.
- Calculate NPV, IRR, Pay Back Period, Profitability Index to evaluate projects.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to better understand corporate finance. It will be especially useful for business managers and professionals hoping to move up the corporate ladder.
Who developed the course?
Sentinel|9 is an education content provider. They provide university-level content independently to offer a different pace of learning for individuals and institutions. They have a dynamic content library and Learning Management System (LMS) which is suitable for online, blended and face-to-face delivery.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.