Learn how to handle data responsibly
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is designed to balance the need for businesses’ and customers’ data information to flow freely, and the need to protect the rights of the individual.
As a professional you need to be aware of the legal requirements of the GDPR so you can ensure your organisation is compliant.
On this course you will get a thorough introduction to GDPR so you can grow your understanding of protecting personal data and be able to handle data in the digital economy appropriately.
What topics will you cover?
Week 1 - Law and history
- The purpose and history of data regulation in relation to the new legislation
- The principles of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Key concepts, including (but not limited to) the natural person, personal data, controllers and processors, and legitimate interests
Week 2 - The Natural Person
- Legal bases for processing, including consent, legitimate interests and contracts
- The rights of the individual, including (but not limited to) erasure, access and automated decision-making
- Identifying how the implementation of GDPR could help to prevent particular breaches of data
Week 3 - The organisation and the data lifecycle
- Implications of GDPR for workers, their places of work and their customers
- Mitigating risks associated with the handling and processing of data
- Third party contracts and transfers
- Roles and responsibilities regarding Data Protection in the workplace
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone handling customer data, whether you work with customers in person, over the phone, or through digital or paper correspondence. You don’t need any previous experience.
We can run a private version of this course just for your staff, with the ability to track their progress and evidence completion with digital and downloadable certificates, and with customisation if required.
If these services are of interest, register your interest here and we’ll be in touch to discuss further.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLGDPR to talk about this course on social media.