Discover how we can build a better world by focusing on prosperity, not wealth.
Economic growth is no longer the best indicator of broader success. By 2050, the global population will reach 10 billion and we may face environmental crisis. If we are to thrive, and not just survive, into the next century, we will need new tools and new ways of thinking to tackle the challenges of today and ensure a successful and prosperous future for everyone.
On this course you will look at other approaches to defining success for society, examining how we must aim for a broader notion of prosperity at both a personal and planetary level.
What topics will you cover?
* The origins and future of GDP
* The Democratic Deficit
* The state as the guardian of prosperity
* Measuring prosperity and potential new approaches
* Sites of exemplification
* The work of the RELIEF Centre
* Frameworks of change
* The Sustainable Development Goals
* The 2050 Challenge
* The Doughtnut development concept
* Business and the new economy
* Business and climate change
* Consumption habits
* Making a difference
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLGlobalProsperity to talk about this course on social media.