Global Prosperity Beyond GDP
Discover how we can build a better world by focusing on prosperity, not wealth.
Economic growth is no longer the best indicator of broader success. By 2050, the global population will reach 10 billion and we may face environmental crisis. If we are to thrive, and not just survive, into the next century, we will need new tools and new ways of thinking to tackle the challenges of today and ensure a successful and prosperous future for everyone.
On this course you will look at other approaches to defining success for society, examining how we must aim for a broader notion of prosperity at both a personal and planetary level.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Justify the need for a re-examination of the way we look at economics, and the role it plays in guiding society
- Gain an understanding of the origin of GDP and the context from which it emerged
- Gain an understanding of new approaches to measurement of success
- Describe what a framework of change is, and why they exist
- Recognise the potential for building a new economy that works better for people and the planet
Who is the course for?
The course is for anyone concerned with global issues and the unprecedented challenges of the 21st Century. It aims to inspire students, entrepreneurs, and citizens with a positive picture of what we are capable of with just a little bit of re-direction. No prior knowledge of the subject is needed.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.